Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Oohs and Aahs

Vacation...oooh. Sunny Florida...aaah.

It was so nice to take a break from life in Irish Grove. Florida was wonderful, and we were actually able satify the whole family on the trip, if you can believe it! We had lots of swimming opportunities and a visit to Busch Gardens for the kids, boating, golfing and relaxing for Marcel, an outing in a nature preserve for me, and a trip to a beautiful beach that made all of us pretty dern happy. Plus, we got to spend a lot of time with my mom, and shared our Busch Gardens time with my sister and her family, and my brother Matt. What more could you ask for?

Did I mention that for 6 out of 8 days, the weather was in the low 80's, sunny with a nice gentle breeze? Ahh, such a treat for some pretty winter-weary Irish Grovers. So, come along as I reminisce.

Here we are, relaxing...

sightseeing....

playin'....


swimming....

and piggin' out.

Plus, we got to see lots and lots of exotic animals (exotic for Irish Grove at least).

We saw a dophin....


a manatee (you'll have to take my word for it)...


the homely, yet important and very rare wood stork (notice the water just in front of him?)...


a very large alligator (that luckily didn't end up eating the wood stork above!)....

and a strange, elusive tropical creature that I just can't quite make out.

This is very mysterious. It looks a lot like a ring-tailed lemur, but aren't they only found in Madagascar? Yet it moves so sleekly through the understory. What could it be?
Wait....it seems to be swinging around this way....
I'm still not sure, and yet suddenly it looks a little familiar.

Aw, shoot. Did we come all the way to Florida just to see a raccoon?
Oh well. Raccoon and all, we had a wonderful time and are ready for farmin' to begin. Rested and rejuvinated, all I can say is: Bring it on, Irish Grove! Let the fun begin.

No comments: